- Select the text that you want to convert. It should have a common delimiter (separating character) that will convert to columns and rows. Typically, tabs separate columns and line returns separate rows.
- On the Insert tab, in the Tables group, click Table, and then click Convert Text to Table.
- In the Convert Text to Table dialog box, under Separate text at, click the option for the separator character that is in your text.
To convert a table to text...
- Select the rows or table that you want to convert to paragraphs.
- Under Table Tools, on the Layout tab, in the Data group, click Convert to Text.
- Under Separate text at, click the option for the separator character that you want to use in place of the column boundaries. Rows are separated with paragraph marks.