Monday, May 4, 2009

Rules for borrowing images from the web

After teaching a PowerPoint session the other day, a student asked, "You suggest good presentation design use lots of images and you showed us how to search for them on the web but, how do I know when I need permission or not to use them?"

Wow, great question! It's an area that can have a lot of gray area depending on it's use. I found this article that give a really good explanation for the rules of Borrowing Images from the Web: An FAQ to know when you need to ask permission and when you don't.


2 comments:

  1. Looks like the link is broken, too bad! I've heard conflicting information on what is fair use in teaching and what isn't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the note, Walter. I've got the link fixed now.

    ReplyDelete